||Died 1st October 1918
- He was born in Hough, but became the adopted son of Thomas and Ellen Griffiths of Betley.
- Ellen was born in Betley, and husband Thomas was from Chetwynd in Shropshire.
- George was 17 when war broke out.
- On enlisting he gave his address as Betley
He enlisted in Newcastle-under-Lyme in to the 4th Battalion Prince of Wales (North Staffs) Regiment
He was killed in action on 1st October 1918
- He has no known grave, but is commemorated in Bedford House Cemetery Zillebeke, Belgium. (25 km south of Ypres Town Centre). in enclosure 2.1.B.4
- 5000 commemorated in that cemetery.
- Bedford House (or Woodcote House) never fell into enemy hands. (Western Front)