- Born in Canada in in 1890 and had a younger sister.
- Father died in 1901 and Raymond returned to England to be adopted by Uncle Ralph, a solicitor in Shaftesbury, Dorset.
- Raymond went to Gresham’s School (Holt) and Pembroke College Good rugby player.
- 5ft 9 dark complexion, brown eyes and black hair.
- Worked as an articled clerk to solicitors in London.
- Never married or had children.
- Joined Universities and Public Schools Corps when war broke out.
- Ended up with a commission in the Lancashire Fusiliers August 1916.
- For over 12 months fought in a number of main battles but killed on 9th October 1917 at Poelcapelle.